A Tokyo Murder is a radio play by John Dryden and Miriam Smith. It was first broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in three parts, on 16, 17, and 18 September 2008, as installments of the Afternoon Play. Each installment is 45 minutes in length.
A thriller concerning the disappearance of a young British teacher in Japan.
- Daisy Whitelock - Sophie Cartman
- Jennifer Whitelock - Lynne Hobday
- Peter Whitelock - Martin Burns
- Norio Ito - Ryuji Yoshimura
- Julie Hill - Rachel Ferguson
- Assistant Inspector Takasugi - Takuya Matsumoto
- Superintendent Yamagawa - Teruhiko Nakajima
- Alex - Michael Naishtut
- Brie - Erika Hirokawa
- Akira Takahashi - Nariyasu Kato
- Ken Endo
- Daan Archer
- Shinji Kobata
- Hiroaki Nojima
- Masaru Yoshihara
- Takako Anami
- Rika Wakasugi
- Kei Katsumoto
Recorded on location in Tokyo, Japan.
“The murders in Tokyo of Lindsay Ann Hawker and Lucie Blackman provide the background to John Dryden’s three-part thriller ….There’s no denying the quality of the writing, and it all reeks of authenticity, having been recorded in Tokyo itself.” - The Times
“Atmospheric, taut, stylish three-part thriller… ” - The Telegraph