My Name is Red is a radio play by Ayeesha Menon, based on the novel by Orhan Pamuk It was first broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in two parts, on 03 and 10 August 2008, as an installment of the Classic Serial .
It was recorded on location in Istanbul.
Set in Istanbul, 1590. The Sultan brings together the most acclaimed artists in his kingdom to create a secret book of miniatures celebrating the glories of his realm.
But when two of the miniaturists are murdered, panic erupts.
- Black....Baris Pirhasan
- Enishte....Korhan Abay
- Shekure....Ece Dizdar
- Esther....Demet Tuncer
- Butterfly....Murat Yatman
- Olive....Yigit Ozsener
- Stork....Konuralp Sunal
- Hasan....Baris Cakmak
- Osman....Eris Akman
- Tresurer....Umut Demirdelen
- Elegant....Aziz Mullaaziz
- Narrators....Ozlem Turhal, Mehmet Ergen, Engin Cezar
- Other parts played by Sinan Onukar, Ben Hopkins, Duygu Yeral, Engin Cezar and Ismail Hakki Eren.
“…The best Classic Serial in ages…Somehow, a complex story about art, murder, love and danger at the Sultan’s court in 16th-century Turkey materialised out of the air….” - Gillian Reynolds, The Telegraph