Perry Pontac is an American-born playwright living in London, who has frequently worked in radio drama.
Born in Hollywood, California, Perry Pontac has lived and worked in London for over forty years. His first theatre play was The Old Man's Comforts in 1973, produced by Kenneth Tynan.
Work in RadioEdit
His first play for radio was The Event of the Season in 1987. Since then, he has produced over a dozen radio plays, frequently produced by Richard Wortley. His style is often comedic and absurdist. Several of his plays are Shakespeare parodies, and have been published by Oberon books in a collection entitled Codpieces (2011).
- The Event of the Season (1987)
- Odd Moments (1988)
- Strange Delights (1988)
- Nothing Personal (1988)
- Secrets of the Prison House (1989)
- The Point of the Story (1990)
- A Different Woman ()
- The Morning of the Wedding (1991)
- Hamlet Part II (1992)
- Rustic Glee (1993)
- The Lunchtime of the Gods (1994)
- Prince Lear (1994)
- After Albert (1996)
- Casual Slaughters (1998)
- Fatal Loins (2001)
- The Bards of Bromley (2004)
- Incurable Romantics (2005)
- Disgruntled of Brighton (2006)