Stephen Wakelam is a British playwright, working first mainly in TV and now in radio.
His TV work includes over twenty original films and plays, drama documentaries and adaptations.
Amongst his recent radio plays are: the biographical What I Think of My Husband about the second Mrs Thomas Hardy (BBC Radio 4); The Pattern of Painful Adventures about Shakespeare (Radio 3); and A Dose of Fame about E.M. Forster (Radio 4).
Stephen is the author of three stage plays, two at the Royal Court Theatre Upstairs.
- Good Samaritan - 27.09.2000
- Selling Immortality - 11.06.2002
- Answered Prayers - 15.03.2004
- Death at Bed End - 04.12.2004
- The Adulteries of a Provincial Wife - 02.09.2006
- Two Men from Delft - 04.02.2007
- What I Think of My Husband - 31.03.2008
- The Pattern of Painful Adventures - 30.11.2008
- A Dose of Fame - 16.10.2009
- Mrs Tolstoy - 09.08.2010
- Living with Princes - 23.01.2011