The Pope's Brother is a radio play by Steve Walker. It was first broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on 28 July 1990 as an installment of Saturday Night Theatre, and won a Giles Cooper Award that same year. It was written in Rome in 1988, according to Walker, in the same room in which Ibsen wrote Peer Gynt. The length is 72 minutes.
Sidney Collyweston is a low-life with a twin brother named Gregory. Gregory becomes the Pope.
- Sidney Collyweston - Dinsdale Landen
- Gregory Collyweston, the Pope - Denys Hawthorne
- Tomamaso Tartufari - Henry Goodman
- Claudia Tartufari - Jenny How
- Cardinal NGoupande - Ben Onwukwe
- Pyjamas/Junta General Sabato - John Bull
- Punter/Swiss Guard/Priest/Sandro - Vincent Brimble
- Wilma Spangerhuff/Woman in Corso/Sister Briget - Jenny How
- God - David Bannerman
Directed by Peter Kavanagh
- ↑ Best Radio Plays of 199 Methuen/BBC 199